John turned off the air conditioning last night for the season, which may have been a mistake. This afternoon it's 80 degrees in the house. It's been in the 50s at night, however, and we (almost) need an extra blanket on the bed when we open the windows. While I was in Salt Lake with Betsy working on business and billing yesterday, he bottled tomato juice and white grape juice (really a lovely warm pink color). I think the purple grapes are nearly ready, and peaches too. It reminds me of this.
We had Rick and Cheryl Duerden and their daughter Annalise over for dinner on Friday. They will be going with us on the walking tour in the UK next spring, and then taking over the program in 2011. Rick is a Shakespeare scholar, so we're spending more time in Stratford and going to more theatre in London. We're also visiting York on this trip, and later staying deep in Wales rather than just on the border. Speaking of the UK trip, John said the student film about it has been nominated for an Emmy, although he doesn't know what category it's in. Hannah (and maybe Jim and Rose?) will be at the awards ceremony.
We went to a picnic in the park for the Utah County Democrats yesterday. Anna, who went with us to the UK in 2005 and 2007, was there--she is the "pizza delivery girl" who blogged about an encounter with our Senate Majority Leader--and she's now campaigning for RaDene Hatfield, who is running against him. It has been very interesting to follow the political tempest. I'm proud of Anna, who has kept her head with poise and grace through it all. We took salad with fresh tomatoes to the picnic. RaDene ordered pizza from Nicolitalia's, which is really quite good (Spaghetti Girl is eating there, a few posts back).
Other than that, it's been a quiet week. Chris and John are settling into school, and I like having a regular schedule. I ride my bike every weekday morning, walk at the church with the RS ladies every Tuesday and Thursday morning, and swim MWF (or Sat) in the evening at the BYU pool. I visit patients at the Alpine Care Center in Lindon twice a week and go to my office in Orem Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and evenings. I'm seeing clients Monday and Wednesday mornings as well, which I don't prefer, since I still have T/Th openings, but maybe it will be temporary. We look forward to Dave coming for a visit on the 20th!
1 comment:
i liked the funny old video (even though you probably didn't mean it to be a funny old video) and the link to the funny blog about the pizza delivery girl.
Post a Comment