Saturday, September 20, 2008

Picnic in SLC

I had a half-day conference at the Shriner Children's Hospital yesterday (on the new edition of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale) and afterwards Betsy and I bought finger food at Smith's and Rob and the kids came over for a picnic. Brett was not feeling well and stayed upstairs, although he commented out the window occasionally. Colette was a horse for the entire time, galloping, neighing, and pawing the air, and eating grapes and baby carrots out of our hands. She had administered a haircut to herself just before they came over. Little blonde curls kept falling out of her hair onto the grass. Johnathan, now bipedal and completely mobile, spent most of the time making a dash around the house for the street out front. I had almost forgotten how much energy little ones require. Rob handled them good-naturedly. It will be great to see them all on Sunday for Betsy's birthday party.

No comments: