A brief history of Karla and electronics:
I had my dad's old slide rule all ready for Algebra II (mid 70s), but before the end of the year we were using Mr. Baldwin's expensive TI calculator. I remember as a research assistant entering punch cards for data analysis at grad school in Logan. John and I were ahead of the times with our brand new KayPro. That lasted through more grad school in Houston, his new job at BYU, and half of my PhD. We lost the KayPro to the salty breezes of the North Shore of Oahu (11 years with one computer--does that ever happen anymore?), and we've never looked back. Email from London by 1997, digital camera in 2001. 03, 05--by 07 everybody had their own camera, laptop, iPod, data stick, and blog.
Never let it be said that I'm not more than half a lap behind, electronically speaking. (Figure out that double negative!) And now you have no excuse not to call/email/post/comment to your mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment