Thursday, April 30, 2009

Walking

I think I'm going to be OK with the walking required on the trip. I really like my nice new black walking shoes, and maybe that was half the problem with sore knees before--that my shoes were worn out and no longer supportive. Anyway, even though I walk, I'm very slow. Chris was the only one patient enough to walk with me yesterday. When they all took off up Arthur's Seat, I walked back home alone around Calton Hill and up the London Road to Leith Street. It was nice. Remember we used to park the van along this street when we stayed in the Cairn Hotel (and I think you older kids - and Sergene - stayed in the Cairn Hotel too, before we had a luggage van). This time John, Chris, and I stayed there one night before moving into the new youth hostel.

No comments: