Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Sweeties

We've had a fun day with John P. and Janet, Grandma Gene, R&N and the babies, and Nicolle's sister Mackensie. Here are a few photos (light on text, heavy on pix lately--but those are my favorite blog entries anyway).

John was up first, of course, fixing breakfast and getting the ambience right with Christmas music and lighting. We open presents in the front room, a much quicker event than in previous years. Here are Janet, Sergene, and John P.:

and Chris of course:
Our naughty kitty Hero participated from her habitual place in the Christmas tree. Next year I'm leaving off the candy canes (because of Johnathan) and the glass bulbs (because of Hero). We'll have a totally non-breakable and inedible tree.

Chris got a 120 gb iPod, and began instantly loading it:

And we had a Christmas dinner, orchestrated by John and prepared by everyone but me. John cuts the ham in his cool Christmas vest, and we eat.
We talked to Dave on the phone and Amy on Skype. All the grownups went to Benjamin Button and the kids and I stayed home and played. Good times! Now Nicolle and I are going out to watch Twilight, since I really do need the vampire research.

1 comment:

Mackenzie. said...

Hah... love those mid-eating-faces.
And I had a wonderful time with the Bennion family. Thank you for always being so welcoming and entertaining!