Have you ever listened to Lucinda Williams? I quite like her--Mary Chapin Carpenter did a cover of one her songs. She is folk/rock/country like Carpenter. I discovered Williams while listening to a college radio station. Try YouTube-ing "Lucinda Williams" and "Ventura" (one of her songs I like) or "Words Fell". Her earlier stuff is too "country" for me; her newer stuff is more gritty. I really like her album "World Without Tears". In it she experimented with some blues.
1 comment:
Have you ever listened to Lucinda Williams? I quite like her--Mary Chapin Carpenter did a cover of one her songs. She is folk/rock/country like Carpenter. I discovered Williams while listening to a college radio station. Try YouTube-ing "Lucinda Williams" and "Ventura" (one of her songs I like) or "Words Fell". Her earlier stuff is too "country" for me; her newer stuff is more gritty. I really like her album "World Without Tears". In it she experimented with some blues.
She's performed with Bruce too!
Post a Comment