We decided the Norfolk Broads and the Fens were too far to drive this afternoon, and driving much is itself too harrowing, and so we got out the East Anglia guide and went looking for Constable scenery at Dedham and Stoke by Nayland in the Stour River Valley. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, our directions were not precise and I didn’t review them anyway before we left, so we wandered up and down country lanes looking for cows under big trees, pretty St. Mary’s church, and old farm houses with hay wains nearby to take pictures of. Which we did find more or less. I took this nice photo of a church called St. Mary’s,
but it was in the wrong town, I discovered later upon re-reading the guidebook. We got some pictures of friendly cows
and a nice farmstead,
but never figured out where the famous scene is at Stoke by Nayland called The Hay Wain. Oh well.
but it was in the wrong town, I discovered later upon re-reading the guidebook. We got some pictures of friendly cows
and a nice farmstead,
but never figured out where the famous scene is at Stoke by Nayland called The Hay Wain. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment