Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We're Going to Have a Wake

Everyone with an interest in my uterus will be invited--past interest, alas, as my uterus and its accouterments are now on their way to the biopsy lab, where we will discover if the organ which is now dead has any chance of coming back and biting me on the butt. That would be the Zombie Uterus.

I think I'll bake a Uterus Cake, since the original will sliced, diced, frozen, and unavailable for viewing. With pink and brown frosting, and Red Vines licorice for the fallopian tubes. We will each tell stories of our experiences with my uterus (to a point), and maybe sing a dirge. Amy and I were trying to pick a song last night. Maybe "Suite Judy Blue Eyes:"

It's getting to the point
Where you're no fun anymore.
I am sorry.
Sometimes it hurts
So badly I must cry out loud.
I am lonely.
I am yours. You are mine.
You are what you are---
And you make it ha-aa-aard.
Sunday morning, Tuesday in the afternoon.
What have you got to lo-o-ose.
Friday evening. Please begone, I'm tired of you.
What have I got to lo-o-ose, & etc.

For those of you not familiar with 70's rock and Crosby Stills Nash & Young, check the Youtube link above.

Well my lunch is here (at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center) and John is eating my jello, so I'll continue this later. Thanks to all for your best wishes and prayers.

4 comments:

betsy said...

I want to come to the wake/party, but I'd prefer a less grotesque cake. I won't be able to handle that kind of cake in my present state. Chocolate, perhaps?

Lara said...

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/07/considering-uterus.html

Alison + Brandon said...

A friend of mine knitted her mom a uterus as a hysterectomy present. That might be a little less gross than a cake...
Hope your recovery is going well--we are thinking happy thoughts for you!

Jessica Esplin said...

This made me laugh out loud. Wish I could come, but we're still out of state. Glad things are turning out well.