My Cylon gynecologist said that she thinks they got it all, although she'll have to check with the cancer specialist who helped with the surgery. She doesn't think I'll need further treatment--surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy. Amy was with me and asked all the sensible questions, as I was not quite comprehending what was going on. Abdominal surgery is a giant pain, like getting bayonetted in the gut, and I have been sick for awhile (that's why I'm not home yet), but hopefully tomorrow I will be home with everything functional that I wanted to hang onto, but cancer-free.
And uterus-free, the added bonus. 'Course now I get instant menopause, but that's a small price to pay. Uterus, you served me well but I'm glad to retire you.
1 comment:
Karla,
I was very glad to read such a good report and happy to hear you are home and bossing folks about. I'm sure you know this, but I'll remind you anyway: instant menopause can bring on scary depression, as my mom discovered after a hysterectomy in her 30s. She took Premarin for the rest of her life (she lived to 85) as every time she tried to go off it she'd nosedive. So if you suddenly think you've gone crazy--well don't get too alarmed--turns out that sometimes the uterus, ovaries, etc., must be dragged away kicking and screaming and requires one last bomp to shut it up. Hope you don't have this post-op issue, but didn't want you to get blindsided if you do. Wishing you a complete and HAPPY recovery. Dian
Post a Comment