Sunday, September 12, 2010

News of the Week

Not that there's anything spectacular to report (except the resurgence of the roses--they will be more and more beautiful until the October frost kills them).

We tended Colette and Johnathan last weekend and this weekend and remember how much energy the little ones require. I took them to The Farm on Friday. They loved playing with Damien and Kelli's puppies, playing on the swings, the airplane, the E's playset, exploring all the gardens, walking up the lane to feed the fish and pet the horses, watching the cows come back from the meadow, and playing with the cuzzes.

Below, Nicolle and Johnathan read Babar's instructional book on yoga for elephants together.
I'm off the wound-vac thing and wearing a band-aid instead. Tomorrow I find out if I'm totally done, and I start back to work full-time at all sites. And I'm ready! I'm remembering, after this weekend, how going back to a sedentary weekday desk-job is much easier that being home doing yard and garden with a workaholic man.

Chris is in school again and groaning about math, John teaches MWF (creative writing and Mormon lit), Amy is working temporary full-time at an office just down the street, Jamison is job-hunting. Our cat Hero has found a way out of the yard that we haven't discovered yet. She can't get back in by herself, however.

Below is sunrise on Timp from our front porch.

I guess this will be a short note. I had 13 appointments last week, and this week I'm up to 22 between my office and the care center where I see geriatric patients. I'm almost caught up on the paperwork I'd hoped to have done before surgery. Life is good.

No comments: