
I drove with Johnathan and Colette to SLC last night so that we could go to the parade this morning (Rob switched his shift to p.m.). We were right at the very start, at South Temple and State, sitting in the street directly beneath the Eagle Gate. Rob lent me the hat and sunscreen. I've never been to the Days of 47 Parade before.

The kids only got tired of it during the last five minutes or so. The lady next to me said, "I've never seen little kids behave so well at a parade."


Then we walked over to Temple Square, splashing in every fountain on the way. Here Colette points to where she's planning to walk:


Above, Johnathan worries and calls her back. She's OK, Johnathan!

Well, maybe.

Rob and Johnathan at the reflecting pool.

We saw the new fountain across the street south of Temple Square, and then walked a circuitous path via the pioneer log cabin by the Family History Center to the Trax station by Abravanel Hall.

We rode Trax to the Gallivan Center and had lunch under the big arbor/fountain to the west of the stage. I think I got the wettest.

Adults and kids still had energy and time, so we went to the zoo. First stop, the train. Two train rides in one day--Johnathan was in heaven.



We visited the elephants,



rhinos, crocodiles, tigers, snakes, birds, etc.

Then it was time for Rob to go to work and the kids immediately went to sleep in the car on the way back. A great day!
The kids were very glad to see their dad. Johnathan wouldn't hold my hand or sit on my lap--it had to be Rob. He cried when we parted at the zoo, but seemed OK when I said Rob would be down to go to church with us tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment