We are like an awkward blended family since A&J moved in. Dex and Sinestra feel their way toward detente with our reluctant and jealous kitties. Pretty Sinestra just came into my office and rolled adorably on the floor when I spoke to her and told her how cute she was--and Claudio came running in to hiss at her and chase her away. Big dummy. He's just over being sick and I think he's started to scent-mark the furniture--which he's not done before, it must be territorial--I am nearly desperate. Any ideas of how to handle fearful, jealous kitties?
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Going For a Walk
We are like an awkward blended family since A&J moved in. Dex and Sinestra feel their way toward detente with our reluctant and jealous kitties. Pretty Sinestra just came into my office and rolled adorably on the floor when I spoke to her and told her how cute she was--and Claudio came running in to hiss at her and chase her away. Big dummy. He's just over being sick and I think he's started to scent-mark the furniture--which he's not done before, it must be territorial--I am nearly desperate. Any ideas of how to handle fearful, jealous kitties?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Karla. Deja here. Hope you don't mind me peeking in and reading ...
I live with three fearful and jealous kitties, and we've had some success with a product called Feliway, or something like that. (I think there are quite a few products designed just for this actually.) It has hormones that are supposed to chill them out (?). We used it a lot when we first blended our cat families (2 of mine, 1 of Sam's) and now they seem okay-ish. Good luck!
Thanks Deja. I bought some stuff like that and maybe it will help. I think if he hadn't been sick just before the other critters moved in it would have been a little easier.
Post a Comment