Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Rest of November

Mom and I decided to take a little overnight trip to Annabella to visit Cindy and fam. Michael came home from SUU (with a friend, above, in red--a cousin to our Lifferth neighbors in Springville), so we were there for his birthday party.

John and I went to our writing group at Charlotte's house. She is working on her contribution for the book about Gene. I hope she writes her own book as well. I have video of her telling a story from their adventures on a mission in Samoa--two married 19 year olds--Gene using a machete, hitting a wasps' nest, and slicing open his thumb--very funny (after the fact, of course).

John and I went to the BYU/USU basketball game. I kept missing the plays because I was too busy looking at the fans. It was sort of fun to hear them berate the refs: "Oh come on! Come ON! Ya think so? Oh really?" and so forth. John says when Uncle Bob is with him the comments from the stands are considerably more salty.

I went to The Farm with Rob and the babes. They love Tena's airplane even in the snow.

We visited the tack room with Grandpa:

and walked around the farm yard:

We went up the lane to see if the pond was frozen enough to slide on.

It was a lot of fun to watch the fish beneath ice clear as glass:


Grandpa tests the ice. Crack! Nope, not safe yet.

We walked with Grandpa up the hill to help feed the cows:


Later, John and I went with Rob, Colette, Johnathan, Betsy, and Ethan to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.

Ethan liked this dinosaur which was just his size:

Here he tries on his dinosaur face (and shows his beautiful teeth).

Johnathan and Ethan check out the dinosaur foot.

Johnathan plays in the sand and water place, which is a big hit with the kids:

Massive shark:

The Utahraptor is pretty creepy:

I can't believe I took no photos of Thanksgiving. We (John, Chris, and I) ate here with Mom, Dad, Grandma Gene, Rob, Colette, and Johnathan (Nicolle flew to Ft. Worth for her mom's birthday and to help her sisters drive back with a car). John did a great job with the turkey, gravy, and stuffing; Chris did the potatoes; Mom brought salad, relish try veggies, and pumpkin pies; I did rolls, cherry pies, apple pie, lemon meringue pie, and chocolate cream pie, and whatever else. Colette set the table. When I talked to Dave he said he was disappointed that we only had seven pies for nine people, not 1:1 as we've sometimes had in the past. Oh well.

No comments: