Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunday in Alaska

Boyd let me take his photo in front of the church, as Bishop of the Rabbit Creek Ward. The spire of the Anchorage temple is behind. Boyd and Mary Ann live about a mile from the church and temple, so it takes only 5 minutes to get there.

Eric, Elissa, and Aaron wait in the hall outside the bishop's office.

Busy in the kitchen after church:


...while John...

...and Eric take a nap.

Amber demonstrates the hoped-for reaction of trick or treaters to her Halloween decorations in the doorway of their home.

Dinner! Yummy Alaskan salmon.

Here I am among the bears:

and John and I pose with the musk oxen, who have the deepest, plushest, softest fur imaginable.

One last picture with wildlife at the airport, and we were off for the night to Utah.

We got first class seats on our flight back, hooray! I can't sleep sitting up, however, so I worked on my werewolf notes and read Jon Kabat-Zinn, "Full Catastrophe Living." John slept some which was good since he has to teach today. I had my photos ready so I decided to upload them before I go to bed.

We couldn't decide what we liked the best--looking at the lot and the potential new house, listening to the family discuss their options, looking at sports photos by Eric and Boyd and art projects by Amber and Mary Ann, watching the girls play soccer and basketball, eating out Mexican and sushi (not at the same restaurant), eating Alaskan salmon caught by the family, hearing Boyd conduct sacrament meeting. Thanks to Rob for his flight benefits, and especially thanks to Boyd, Mary Ann, Eric, Aaron, Elissa, and Amber for having us in their home, talking with us, and entertaining us so well. I hope we make it back before another five years pass.

No comments: