Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Rock Garden

...or water garden, zen garden, miniature garden, play garden, herb garden--all things to all people--but mostly, since we've been working on it during the past few rainy days, the mud garden.
Chris, Amy, and Jamison help.
We placed the bridge--doesn't that look cool (below)! We have all the stones dug up while landscaping our yard, plus the flat stones for the waterfall and bridge and the blue stones for the pool at the base of the fall and the watercourse. All we're missing are the smaller blue pebbles for the "sea." Oh yeah, and the short bamboo posts at the edge of the pebble water, which may end up being cedar posts instead, since I've been unsuccessful in tracking down local 6" in diameter bamboo. But maybe we'll wait until it stops raining to finish.
The master builder. The stones in the photo are temporary, as we have to take them out again to lay the carpet padding and then the liner and then another layer of carpet and then the stones. Everybody said it was fun today and yesterday, even though we were soaked.
I'm the indecisive supervisor of the project. I stand and dither and say "I don't know, what do you think," and take photos.

No comments: