Monday, May 24, 2010

Internet Privacy

I was looking up a psychologist online this afternoon and out of curiosity looked myself up as well. This blog came up as a "starred site" for the first time under my name, as well as my facebook profile and other random stuff from my past. I hadn't realized that Google's new "privacy" policies had reached so far. Oh well, I guess part of modern life is ultimate transparency. Anyone tempted to comment here should realize that my cover is blown (JK, as they say).

Also, does anybody know how to make this particular family blog not come up as first on a Google search of my name?

1 comment:

Jessica Esplin said...

I just googled you and I didn't see this blog, just your other blog (karlabennion.com) and various publications you've worked on.
If you still want to check your privacy settings I think I can help. From the dashboard go to settings. Or as you are logged in on your blog home page click on customize at the top right, then click the settings tab. Once in settings click on the "basic" tab, scroll down to "Add your blog to our listings?" and click no and then "Let search engines find your blog?" and click no. I think that's it. If anyone else knows more, please comment.