Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We Went to Philadelphia.

We visited Dave and Devon (and Roxanne, on the table, above).

We also visited Piedrich*, the evil basement cat of the house, who is dominant to everyone but (apparently) John. *New name for Pierre, the One Cat to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them

We went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and did not take a photo of the Rocky statue. Devon did allow this one photo from safely behind Dave.

We had lunch--John and I had Philly cheesesteaks--at the Reading Terminal Market. And cookies.

We visited the campuses of Penn and Drexel. Above is the Drexel mascot, Morton or Merwin or something.

We visited Dave's office on Arch Street downtown.

Doesn't he look professional?

We went downtown again to a chamber orchestra concert at Kimmel Hall.


On Monday when D&D had to go to work, John and I visited the historic district.

Here is where the Declaration was signed, and where the Constitution was hammered out. John and I both had a renewal of patriotic fervor, remembering the American ideals of 8th grade civics class--honorable even when not attained.

We had a great time. Devon made cornmeal muffins and quiche to die for. We ate lots of good Asian food. Thanks D&D! And thanks to Rob too, for providing the partner airline passes so the cost was minimal.

2 comments:

yave said...

We had a great time, too! Now you've seen where we live and met our resident demon cat. I had a very nice weekend, thanks for coming out.

Amy said...

Hooray more posts! I want to visit Dave! More posts Mom!