We ended up having Thanksgiving dinner--with Betsy, Brett, & Ethan and Jackie, Joel, & Blythe--at A&J's friends' larger apartment a few blocks away. We were so busy that day I didn't take any photos. Amy made cider-brined turkey, homemade dressing, gravy, walnut cranberry spinach salad, pumpkin pies, key lime pie, chocolate pecan pie, and cheesecake. John made the candied yams and mashed potatoes, and did a lot of the clean up. I made the mushrooms and green beans with shallots, and the dinner rolls, and Jackie brought cheese roll and crackers and veggies with dip. I think she did great coordinating a major dinner for nine (not counting the two babies) in two apartments several blocks apart. Yeay Amy!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Thanksgiving in Chicago
We ended up having Thanksgiving dinner--with Betsy, Brett, & Ethan and Jackie, Joel, & Blythe--at A&J's friends' larger apartment a few blocks away. We were so busy that day I didn't take any photos. Amy made cider-brined turkey, homemade dressing, gravy, walnut cranberry spinach salad, pumpkin pies, key lime pie, chocolate pecan pie, and cheesecake. John made the candied yams and mashed potatoes, and did a lot of the clean up. I made the mushrooms and green beans with shallots, and the dinner rolls, and Jackie brought cheese roll and crackers and veggies with dip. I think she did great coordinating a major dinner for nine (not counting the two babies) in two apartments several blocks apart. Yeay Amy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hurray for me! Except Dad not only did the yams and potatoes but the stuffing, gravy, and carved the turkey. And my salad was a candied pecan, bacon (except for those who didn't want bacon), avocado salad. It was so much fun and we miss you all!
Oh, and Mom you kept offering to do more but I just wanted you to sit on my couch and talk to me while I cooked.
Post a Comment