I am attempting to follow my own advice and practice gratitude on a daily basis. When I don't do it, it's because I'm forgetful, not that I'm not thankful.Today I am grateful for my own sweet husband. Last night at Lara's party I was teasing him about getting into irreparable trouble at BYU (I still expect it every semester), because of his tendency to make whatever joke possible at every opportunity, the raunchier the better. And I still don't remember my dad and brothers ever being so--so irresistibly attracted to 14 year old humor. But it's a small price to pay for my sweet-natured, hardworking, loving, thoughtful, interesting John's company. And he has to put up with a lot from me too. In fact, as he said soon after we were married, "If you didn't laugh just a little, I wouldn't do it." I'm not sure that's true, but...
So here's to my John. May we have 32 more years of inappropriate jokes and wifely disapproval.
No comments:
Post a Comment